Beautiful Birth Choices & DONA International Birth Doula Trainings
We would love to have you join us for a training:
2019 Training Dates:
Nov 8-10, 2019 – Buffalo NY
2020 Training Dates – more info coming soon!
March 27-29, 2020 – Rochester, NY
July 24-26, 2020 – Rochester, NY
Nov 6-8, 2020 – Buffalo, NY
For interest in our Fall Training 2019, Buffalo, NY – Nov 8-10, 2019 please fill out this form below:
DONA Approved Birth Doula Trainings with Beautiful Birth Choices are taught by approved trainers, Julia Sittig, MSW, AdvCD/BDT(DONA), LCCE and Christy Muscato, CD/BDT(DONA), LCCE.
Our Birth Doula Trainings have been approved as one step toward certification as a birth doula by DONA International and include the following:
- The significance of birth and the long term impact of the birth experience
- Specific suggestions for emotional and psychological support of the laboring woman and her partner
- Comfort measures and non-pharmacological pain management techniques
- The doula’s role before, during, and after birth, and in special situations
- Communication skills and values clarification
- Discussion of ethics and standards of practice for the doula
- The business aspects of a doula practice
- Information about DONA doula certification
You can register for the Breastfeeding Class for Doula Certification to meet the breastfeeding requirement for your DONA certification here:
Postpartum Doula Training – Rochester, NY – June, 2020 (Date TBD)
We are bringing another Postpartum Doula Training to Rochester, taught by Susan Martensen BDT/PDT(DONA), CLC of Birth & Beginnings in Ottawa, Canada! Susan has 20 years of experience working in the field of birth and is a certified Birth and Postpartum doula with DONA International. She is also a DONA Approved birth and postpartum doula trainer and a mentor for the Postpartum Doula Program.