Beautiful Birth Choices
is pleased to announce the dates for our upcoming DONA Birth Doula Trainings!
DONA Approved Birth Doula Trainings with Beautiful Birth Choices are taught by approved trainers, Julia Sittig, MSW, AdvCD/BDT(DONA), LCCE and Christy Muscato, CD/BDT(DONA), LCCE.
We would love to have you join us at one of our upcoming weekends:
Rochester, NY – March 16-18, 2018
Buffalo, NY – November 9-11, 2018
Our Birth Doula Trainings have been approved as one step toward certification as a birth doula by DONA International and include the following:
- The significance of birth and the long term impact of the birth experience
- Specific suggestions for emotional and psychological support of the laboring woman and her partner
- Comfort measures and non-pharmacological pain management techniques
- The doula’s role before, during, and after birth, and in special situations
- Communication skills and values clarification
- Discussion of ethics and standards of practice for the doula
- The business aspects of a doula practice
- Information about DONA doula certification
For more detailed information and registration forms, please complete the following online submission. We’ll help you get started on your journey toward becoming a birth doula!
We do not currently have any postpartum doula trainings scheduled. Our last training was taught by Susan Martensen BDT/PDT(DONA), CLC of Birth & Beginnings in Ottawa, Canada in Spring of 2017, and it was a great success! Susan has 20 years of experience working in the field of birth and is a certified Birth and Postpartum doula with DONA International. She is also a DONA Approved birth and postpartum doula trainer and a mentor for the Postpartum Doula Program. We hope to have her return in 2019. Stay tuned for more details!
For more information on becoming a DONA Certified Postpartum Doula, please visit www.dona.org.