Beautiful Birth Choices & DONA International Birth Doula Trainings
We would love to have you join us for a training:
2020 Birth Doula Training Dates
July 24-26, 2020 – Rochester, NY
September 25-27, 2020 (NEW! Rescheduled March 27-29 training dates)
Nov 6-8, 2020 – Buffalo, NY
Birth and Postpartum Doula Trainings are $569 for a three day comprehensive training, or $499 at the Early Bird Rate (specific per training).
DONA Approved Birth Doula Trainings with Beautiful Birth Choices are taught by approved trainers, Julia Sittig, MSW, AdvCD/BDT(DONA), LCCE and Christy Muscato, CD/BDT(DONA), LCCE.
Our Birth Doula Trainings have been approved as one step toward certification as a birth doula by DONA International and include the following:
- The significance of birth and the long term impact of the birth experience
- Specific suggestions for emotional and psychological support of the laboring woman and her partner
- Comfort measures and non-pharmacological pain management techniques
- The doula’s role before, during, and after birth, and in special situations
- Communication skills and values clarification
- Discussion of ethics and standards of practice for the doula
- The business aspects of a doula practice
- Information about DONA doula certification
You can register for the Breastfeeding Class for Doula Certification to meet the breastfeeding requirement for your DONA certification here:
Postpartum Doula Training – Rochester, NY – May 1-3, 2020
We are bringing another Postpartum Doula Training to Rochester, taught by Susan Martensen BDT/PDT(DONA), CLC of Birth & Beginnings in Ottawa, Canada! Susan has 20 years of experience working in the field of birth and is a certified Birth and Postpartum doula with DONA International. She is also a DONA Approved birth and postpartum doula trainer and a mentor for the Postpartum Doula Program.