Beautiful Birth Choices & DONA International Birth Doula Trainings
We would love to have you join us for a training! Please note, we are in the process of updating our registration forms and dates, so please check back in a few days and you’ll find opportunities for registration. Thank you for your patience!
2020 Birth Doula Training Dates
September 25-27, 2020 **Now Virtual w/additional hands-on training component separate. REGISTRATION is CLOSED.
Nov 6-8, 2020 – Buffalo, NY *Now Virtual w/additional hands-on training component.*
2021 Birth Doula Training Dates (registration opening as of Fall, 2020)
March 19-21, 2021 – Rochester, NY
July 23-25, 2021 – Rochester, NY
Nov 5-7, 2021 – Buffalo, NY
Birth and Postpartum Doula Trainings are $569 for a three day comprehensive training, or $499 at the Early Bird Rate (specific per training).
DONA Approved Birth Doula Trainings with Beautiful Birth Choices are taught by approved trainers, Julia Sittig, MSW, AdvCD/BDT(DONA), LCCE and Christy Muscato, CD/BDT(DONA), LCCE.
Our Birth Doula Trainings have been approved as one step toward certification as a birth doula by DONA International and include the following:
- The significance of birth and the long term impact of the birth experience
- Specific suggestions for emotional and psychological support of the laboring woman and her partner
- Comfort measures and non-pharmacological pain management techniques
- The doula’s role before, during, and after birth, and in special situations
- Communication skills and values clarification
- Discussion of ethics and standards of practice for the doula
- The business aspects of a doula practice
- Information about DONA doula certification
You can register for the Virtual Breastfeeding Class for Doula Certification to meet the breastfeeding requirement for your DONA certification here.
Postpartum Doula Training – Due to the need to run this training virtually, please contact Susan Martensen directly at email@example.com for registration details. Thank you!)
We hoping to bring another Postpartum Doula Training to Rochester in Spring, 2020, taught by Susan Martensen BDT/PDT(DONA), CLC of Birth & Beginnings in Ottawa, Canada! Susan has 20 years of experience working in the field of birth and is a certified Birth and Postpartum doula with DONA International. She is also a DONA Approved birth and postpartum doula trainer and a mentor for the Postpartum Doula Program.