Beautiful Birth Choices & DONA International Birth Doula Trainings
We would love to have you join us at our fall training:
Buffalo, NY – November 9-11, 2018
DONA Approved Birth Doula Trainings with Beautiful Birth Choices are taught by approved trainers, Julia Sittig, MSW, AdvCD/BDT(DONA), LCCE and Christy Muscato, CD/BDT(DONA), LCCE.
Our Birth Doula Trainings have been approved as one step toward certification as a birth doula by DONA International and include the following:
- The significance of birth and the long term impact of the birth experience
- Specific suggestions for emotional and psychological support of the laboring woman and her partner
- Comfort measures and non-pharmacological pain management techniques
- The doula’s role before, during, and after birth, and in special situations
- Communication skills and values clarification
- Discussion of ethics and standards of practice for the doula
- The business aspects of a doula practice
- Information about DONA doula certification
You can register for the Breastfeeding Class for Doula Certification to meet the breastfeeding requirement for your DONA certification here:
We do not currently have any postpartum doula trainings scheduled. Our last training was taught by Susan Martensen BDT/PDT(DONA), CLC of Birth & Beginnings in Ottawa, Canada in Spring of 2017, and it was a great success! Susan has 20 years of experience working in the field of birth and is a certified Birth and Postpartum doula with DONA International. She is also a DONA Approved birth and postpartum doula trainer and a mentor for the Postpartum Doula Program. We hope to have her return in 2019. Stay tuned for more details!
For more information on becoming a DONA Certified Postpartum Doula, please visit www.dona.org.