Beautiful Birth Choices & DONA International Birth Doula Trainings
We would love to have you join us for a training! Complete the form below and you will receive a link to the registration form for the training of your choice. Please stay tuned – a full Q&A will be posted soon that will give you even more details about our time together as well as steps for pursuing both training and certification through DONA International.
2024 Birth Doula Training Dates
February 9-11, 2024, Herkimer, NY (Private/closed training)
April 12-14, 2024, Rochester, NY @ Beautiful Birth Choices (Open Registration)
November 1-3, 2024, Buffalo, NY @ The Fountain Wellness Center (Open Registration)
2024 Postpartum Doula Training Date
Birth Doula Trainings are an investment of $675 for a three day comprehensive training that includes a childbirth education course specifically designed for doulas. Sign-up now and complete your registration and payment in full at least one month before the date of the training, and upon completion of our three day workshop you will receive the Early Bird Bundle Bonus!
REGISTRATION & INFORMATION
Please complete the form below and choose the date of the training that you are interested in attending. A registration form will be sent to you directly, along with an email detailing what to expect next. Looking forward to hearing from you!
DONA Approved Birth Doula Trainings with Beautiful Birth Choices are taught by approved trainers, Julia Sittig, MSW, AdvCD/BDT(DONA), LCCE and Christy Muscato, CD/BDT(DONA), LCCE.
Our Birth Doula Trainings have been approved as one step toward certification as a birth doula by DONA International and include the following:
- The significance of birth and the long term impact of the birth experience
- Specific suggestions for emotional and psychological support of the laboring woman and her partner
- Comfort measures and non-pharmacological pain management techniques
- The doula’s role before, during, and after birth, and in special situations
- Communication skills and values clarification
- Discussion of ethics and standards of practice for the doula
- The business aspects of a doula practice
- Information about DONA doula certification
You can register for the Introduction to Breastfeeding for Doula Certification to meet the breastfeeding requirement for your DONA certification here.
Saturday, April 27, 2024 – 2:00 – 5:00 PM – IN PERSON at Beautiful Birth Choices
Monday, May 20, 2024 – 6:00 – 9:00 PM – VIRTUAL, taught live over Zoom