Beautiful Birth Choices & DONA International Birth Doula Trainings
We would love to have you join us for a training:
Rochester, NY – March 22-24, 2019
**Please note: The Rochester training is full. Any registrations that come in after 1/15/19 will be put on a waiting list and notified if space becomes available. Please check out our trainings in Cayuga and Buffalo for more opportunities!
Cayuga, NY – April 5-7, 2019 (registration info coming soon)
Buffalo, NY – Nov 8-10, 2019 (registration info coming soon)
DONA Approved Birth Doula Trainings with Beautiful Birth Choices are taught by approved trainers, Julia Sittig, MSW, AdvCD/BDT(DONA), LCCE and Christy Muscato, CD/BDT(DONA), LCCE.
Our Birth Doula Trainings have been approved as one step toward certification as a birth doula by DONA International and include the following:
- The significance of birth and the long term impact of the birth experience
- Specific suggestions for emotional and psychological support of the laboring woman and her partner
- Comfort measures and non-pharmacological pain management techniques
- The doula’s role before, during, and after birth, and in special situations
- Communication skills and values clarification
- Discussion of ethics and standards of practice for the doula
- The business aspects of a doula practice
- Information about DONA doula certification
*Please complete this form for more information about our upcoming trainings:
You can register for the Breastfeeding Class for Doula Certification to meet the breastfeeding requirement for your DONA certification here:
*Date TBD (Spring, 2019)
Rochester, NY – April 26-28, 2019 (registration info coming soon!)
We are bringing another Postpartum Doula Training to Rochester, taught by Susan Martensen BDT/PDT(DONA), CLC of Birth & Beginnings in Ottawa, Canada! Susan has 20 years of experience working in the field of birth and is a certified Birth and Postpartum doula with DONA International. She is also a DONA Approved birth and postpartum doula trainer and a mentor for the Postpartum Doula Program.
For more information on becoming a DONA Certified Postpartum Doula, please visit www.dona.org.