Beautiful Birth Choices & DONA International Birth Doula Trainings
We would love to have you join us at our fall training:
Buffalo, NY – November 9-11, 2018
The Fountain WNY, 8469 Sheridan Drive, Williamsville, NY
OR our spring training:
Rochester, NY – March 22-24, 2019
Beautiful Birth Choices, 681 N Winton Road, Rochester, NY
DONA Approved Birth Doula Trainings with Beautiful Birth Choices are taught by approved trainers, Julia Sittig, MSW, AdvCD/BDT(DONA), LCCE and Christy Muscato, CD/BDT(DONA), LCCE.
Our Birth Doula Trainings have been approved as one step toward certification as a birth doula by DONA International and include the following:
- The significance of birth and the long term impact of the birth experience
- Specific suggestions for emotional and psychological support of the laboring woman and her partner
- Comfort measures and non-pharmacological pain management techniques
- The doula’s role before, during, and after birth, and in special situations
- Communication skills and values clarification
- Discussion of ethics and standards of practice for the doula
- The business aspects of a doula practice
- Information about DONA doula certification
*Please complete this form for more information. If you are interested in the spring training, more info coming soon!
You can register for the Breastfeeding Class for Doula Certification to meet the breastfeeding requirement for your DONA certification here:
*Date TBD (Spring, 2019)
We do not currently have any postpartum doula trainings scheduled. Our last training was taught by Susan Martensen BDT/PDT(DONA), CLC of Birth & Beginnings in Ottawa, Canada in Spring of 2017, and it was a great success! Susan has 20 years of experience working in the field of birth and is a certified Birth and Postpartum doula with DONA International. She is also a DONA Approved birth and postpartum doula trainer and a mentor for the Postpartum Doula Program. We hope to have her return in Spring, 2019. Stay tuned for more details!
For more information on becoming a DONA Certified Postpartum Doula, please visit www.dona.org.