(Current models: Trad $950, Sig $1130, Full $1500)
Virtual Traditional Bundle includes: $750 – interim pricing, $450-$750 hardship range
- Initial 30-45 minute consultation/interview via Zoom, Google Hangout, Facetime, or phone
- 2 prenatal meetings to discuss options during your pregnancy, labor, birth and postpartum via Zoom, Google Hangout, Facetime, or phone
- Help creating your birth plan, should you choose to make one
- Regular monthly invites to our B4Birth Sessions via Zoom, along with our other doula clients
- Access to EBB Parent Class online
- Available via phone and text with any questions that come up from 20 weeks until 2 weeks after birth as per communication plan worked out with your individual doula
- 24/7 on call support from 37 weeks gestation until baby is born
- Virtual availability during labor to help assist with birth options, answer questions and help deciding when it is time to go to your hospital (phone or video chat based on preference)
- 1 postpartum meeting to talk through birth story and ask postpartum questions that you may have
- Back-up doula support from BBC as needed
Virtual Signature Bundle Includes: $750 + $225 (class fees); $450-$750 + $225 – hardship range
- Same as Traditional Bundle
- Childbirth Education Series via Zoom ($145)
- Intro to Breastfeeding Class via Zoom ($65)
- Postpartum Lactation Consult with our IBCLC via Zoom ($70)
Opportunity for Expansion to In-Person Support: (additional $250 to cover in-person adjustments, available at any time during your pregnancy should the model shift)
- In the hope and anticipation that the 1 person support model will not remain forever (right now we’re prepared to offer this through July if necessary), we would like to offer the opportunity to invest in the virtual doula support model with a potential upgrade to the in-person support model if permitted at your local hospital. The client can choose to make this shift at any point after which the hospital policy has been changed and before baby’s birth. Should the policy change near the client’s due date, the doula will reach out to connect with the client about a possible adjustment.
- Should the doula be unavailable for in-person support around/at the time of birth, our regular back-up doula support applies.
Virtual Consultation Bundle: (NEW! $225)
- 60 minute Zoom/Facetime consultation to talk with one of our doulas about your upcoming birth, help you create a birth plan, and answer any questions you may have. ($50 to doula)
- BBC will send you a follow-up email with resources on comfort measures and labor positions. ($50 admin fee to BBC)
- 60 minute Zoom/Facetime consultation postpartum to talk through your birth experience, answer any questions you may have, and to check-in on how you’re doing postpartum with new baby. Virtual resources may be sent as needed. ($50 to doula)
- This bundle also includes a lactation consultation via Zoom with an IBCLC from BBC. ($75 to lactation consultant)
Interim Adjustment Virtual Plan:
- Picking up wherever you’re at with an adjustment of $200 to the doula support portion of the bundle you are currently contracted under.
- Virtual Doula support would be as outlined above in the Virtual Traditional Bundle.
- Classes fees, Consult fees, B4Birth offerings, EBB, etc all remain the same
- Within 2-4 weeks of your due date = 1 virtual Zoom prenatal meeting would apply.
Refund Option for Current Doula Clients:
- Because this is an unprecedented time in our lives, we are offering doula refunds should that be desired on behalf of the BBC doula client. We know that what we are able to offer right now does not fully compare to the in-person support model. Please know that we did absolutely everything we could do to advocate for keeping the support model in place, but the NYS Department of Health ordered the shift to the 1 person support model and our local Rochester area hospitals had to comply.
- We are living into the virtual doula support model outlined above out of necessity right now, but we are also aware that this is a successful model used across the country as a means to support doula clients. Should you choose to shift to this model, or want to wait and see if you’ll access it, we would appreciate a decision in the 38 week range in order to honor the time/commitment of the doula.
- Refunds will be worked out on a case by case scenario, with a basic formula as outlined below.
- Traditional Bundles: We can offer a refund of the amount paid to the point of requesting the refund, minus a $250 amount off of the initial deposit. The deposit, as per our contract, is typically non-refundable. Again, these are unprecedented times, so we want to be flexible and offer back a portion of the non-refundable fee in addition to the balance already paid. We would like to take into account the time and effort put in by your doula and the BBC Team to support you up until this point, thus the $250 retained amount. If this refund plan creates a dire hardship for your family, please reach out to one of the owners about a complete refund for the basic doula support fee under the title of hardship.
- Signature Bundles: Same as outlined above for the doula portion of the fee. In addition, BBC will deduct any amounts for classes already taken (or planning to take) relative to the Childbirth Class and the Intro to Breastfeeding Class. If you would like to retain the postpartum Lactation Consult via Zoom, please let us know and we will take that into account as well. If not, let us know and we will refund that portion as well.
- Full Circle Bundles: Same as outlined above under the Signature Bundle, but BBC will also account for yoga passes used to date. The membership will be still apply, as it covers all support group fees which are still ongoing via Zoom. We would be happy to extend the class discount portion of the membership fee to one year past the date of when our physical classes re-open at BBC.