Many families ask about a birth philosophy. Our philosophy on birth is that it is a normal, natural process that your body was perfectly designed to experience. Our desire as doulas is to support you in a way that allows and encourages you to achieve your goals and desires for birth, whatever they may be, as well as one that keeps mom and baby healthy.
As a doula, our role is three fold. We want to support you informationally, offering knowledge, research, dialogue, and whatever else is necessary to help you make informed decisions throughout your pregnancy and birth. We are there to support you mentally & emotionally, throughout your pregnancy, labor, birth and postpartum journey. We will help to normalize life and labor as well as walk with you through whatever comes your way during this journey. Although we will not be physically in the room with you, we are physically present with you by phone/text or video. Our calming presence can still be felt and give you security that we are here for you AND your partner.
We welcome any and all calls in the months, weeks, and days leading up to your birth. Our cell phones are never far from us, including the night hours, and we are happy to answer any questions that we can. As labor begins, we are happy to be available to you whenever you decide that you would like us to join you. This may be by a phone call, a text or even a video chat. Very often, moms choose to labor at home as long as possible, in an environment that is comfortable and peaceful for them. It’s great to have a doula present with you when things start to get more challenging, serving as an emotional, informational, and physical support person.
Postpartum, we meet with families at least once, and sometimes more often, within a week or two after baby is born. Women carry their labors around with them in their ‘back pockets’ for the rest of their lives, so it is important to be able to frame a positive birth memory. This postpartum visit helps immensely with this act. As a mom, and with your primary support person, you will make decisions along the way that impact your experience. Some of these decisions you will feel good about, and some may seem frightening. We want you to know that you made the best decisions possible with the circumstances that crossed your path. We are also there to answer questions, check in on breast feeding (if that is in your plan), and provide referrals for postpartum support, if needed.
Our fee for doula services is $950. We ask for a $350 non-refundable retainer fee to reserve your “due month” on your doula’s calendar. The remainder can be spread out into one or two additional payments prior to your baby’s birth. We feel strongly about not limiting someone’s ability to hire a doula based on financial restraints, so we are happy to talk with you personally about spreading payments out into a plan that works for you, if needed.
The Traditional Doula Support bundle includes: (See other bundle options)
Virtual Doula Support Bundles:
- Free 30 minute initial consultation via Zoom, Google Hangout, Facetime, or phone
- 2 prenatal meetings to discuss options during your pregnancy, labor, birth and postpartum via Zoom, Google Hangout, Facetime, or phone
- Regular monthly invites to our B4Birth Sessions via Zoom, along with our other doula clients
- Access to EBB Parent Class online
- Available via phone and text with any questions regarding your labor and birth experience from 28 weeks until 2 weeks after birth as per communication plan worked out with your individual doula
- Help creating your birth plan
- 24/7 on call support from 38 weeks gestation until baby is born
- Virtual availability during labor to help assist with birth options, answer questions and help deciding when it is time to go to your hospital (phone or video chat based on preference)
- 1 postpartum meeting to talk through birth story and ask postpartum questions that you may have
Signature Bundle – same as above but also CBE class, BF class – both online, and BF consultation post birth via Zoom
As far as births and due dates are concerned, we typically take at least 2 clients a month each, and sometimes up to three moms a month if necessary. Always a back-up doula in place – just in case we happen to be traveling, kids are ill, or another birth happens at the same time but we always strive to have YOUR doula be the one walking with you on the big day!
Congratulations, again, and we look forward to talking with you!