“When looking for a doula, We were looking for someone we envisioned as a close friend. Among the twenty plus doulas we met with were Julia and Christy. The two of them were at the top of our list before we even knew they worked together. We had a hard time deciding who was more wonderful. Fortunately We have had two babies and each had a turn helping us through our journey. Most importantly, we are so lucky to have such wonderful friends in Our lives. If you are looking for support, compassion, knowledge and humor in a doula; look no further.”
~ Julia Anello
WHAT IS A VIRTUAL DOULA, ANYWAY?
At BBC, we are committed to providing you with quality support. The doula’s role is SUPPORT. We do this in an effort to promote the best outcomes possible in the given birth situation. Our virtual conversations can guide you through your prenatal period as well as into your labor room.
We are women trained in labor and birth. We believe that birth is normal and that women are perfectly created to give birth. We are knowledgeable in how labor can progress and ways to assist you with pain management including visualization, relaxation, and by being a calming, experienced presence. We provide encouragement and available to reach out to, throughout the entire labor and birthing event, both you AND your partner. We will be available to speak with, help you to get information you need to make informed decisions or just listen during your labor journey.
The goal is to focus on that support in the following ways:
*Breath *Emotional Support
*Tension Release *Conversations and/or Informational Support
*Labor and Birth Positions *Verbal Support for the Partner as needed
WHAT DOES THIS LOOK LIKE?
Traditional Doula Bundle includes:
- Free 30 minute initial consultation via Zoom, Google Hangout, Facetime, or phone
- 2 prenatal meetings to discuss options during your pregnancy, labor, birth and postpartum via Zoom, Google Hangout, Facetime, or phone
- Regular monthly invites to our B4Birth Sessions via Zoom, along with our other doula clients
- Access to EBB Parent Class online
- Available via phone and text with any questions regarding your labor and birth experience from 28 weeks until 2 weeks after birth as per communication plan worked out with your individual doula
- Help creating your birth plan
- 24/7 on call support from 38 weeks gestation until baby is born
- Virtual availability during labor to help assist with birth options, answer questions and help deciding when it is time to go to your hospital (phone or video chat based on preference)
- 1 postpartum meeting to talk through birth story and ask postpartum questions that you may have
Signature Bundle – same as above but also CBE class, BF class – both online, and BF consultation post birth via Zoom
If you are interested in doula support through Beautiful Birth Choices or would like to learn more, please fill out this form below: